
I've got a whole list of things to tell you about, so settle in for awhile, this could be my longest post yet.
My kids say the most random things sometimes. One day the boys were playing when all of a sudden Josiah yelled, "Check the bagpipes!" I wasn't sure I'd heard him correctly, but sure enough a few minutes later I heard him again, "Micah--Check the bagpipes!" I asked him what that meant and he said, "Oh, it's just something I say." ??? Oh, ok. Whatever.
Micah was making me food (pretend food, that is) the other day and announced that he was serving me "chewy chunk-o's." And what are chewy chunk-o's? Well, at least I got an answer to that one: melted Snickers with white dragon fire breath and something else that I forgot on top. He carried them like a pizza in one hand over his head and announced, "CHEWY CHUNK-O'S!"
I've told you before how Micah goes back and forth between writing with his right hand and his left hand, but today I have a picture for you.

One of these letters was written with his left hand. One was written with his right hand. Can you tell any difference between them? Want to take a guess at which hand wrote which? This picture will tell you the answer...

It's so funny to watch him writing or coloring because when he stops and is talking he's always playing with the marker, just passing it back and forth between his hands. Whichever hand is holding the marker at the end is the hand he writes with!


Josiah's reading and spelling skills are rapidly improving. The first night we were without power John and I were talking about what to do and I said we should build a F-I-R-E. Josiah yelled, "A FIRE! YES!! We should build a fire!" I was so busted. I'm going to have to come up with a new tactic...maybe spell everything backward? Or we could start on pig latin...

Emilia really loves playing the piano. As I've mentioned before, I don't let her play that much because she pounds on it so hard. Apparently, this has forced her to take matters into her own hands. This was the scene in the living room the other day. You'll notice I had tried to block off the piano...

Yes, she climbed up there all by herself. And yes, she climbed down all by herself. Guess I've got two climbers on my hands. Yipee (insert sarcasm).
Happily pounding away

Last night Micah got out of bed after bedtime (shocker). He's really developing his creativity in coming up with excuses. Last night was a doozy. I mean, this kid knows how to work the system! Here's what he said, "Daddy, when I said it earlier I said it mean, so, I love you, Dad." (cute sideways grin) I mean, really. What do you say to that?? Workin' us over at the young age of 3. I can only imagine the fun that's yet to come.
I'm happy to tell you that Emilia has enough hair to wear a clippie in it. She's still kinda bald, but she at least seems to be growing some hair these days.

And here she is modeling Nana's glasses for us.

Oops! They started to slip!

And last but certainly not least, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

The recipe for these tasty treats is here
Lots of love from Micah and Josiah

and Emilia

and the unpictured Rebekah and John. :)
1 comment:
so cute...and this is def. not ur lonest post, i still remember the one that had about 10 stories in it, and the 25 random thin about each child =)
.luvz ya. <3
Post a Comment