Josiah has always liked to help in the kitchen, whether we're cooking or baking, he loves to measure and create yummy things to eat. When he's not ACTUALLY in the kitchen, he plays with the toy kitchen and all of it's many accessories. He likes to watch Food Network (Paula Deen and Rachael Ray were his faves the last time I asked) and act out his own cooking show when he's playing with Play-doh. In light of all that, it should be no great surprise to any of us that on Wednesday he sat down and created his own recipe. He decided to create Apple Muffins because "we don't have a recipe for apple muffins." He made his list of all the ingredients he wanted in it and then used a different recipe to decide on amounts.
Thursday morning, we made Josiah's Crazy Raisin Apple Muffins! I still can't believe a 6 year old came up with a recipe! So cool!
This is his recipe:
And these are the muffins!
5 comments:
The question would be, how did they taste?
I should have said first that it is awesome that we is so creative. I see a future food network star in the making! And, I LOVE food network. I prefer Iron Chef though and the Bobby Flay Throwdowns and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
I guess I should have mentioned how they tasted! They were good. I mean, they were AWESOME if you consider that the recipe was written by a 6 year old, but Josiah and I talked about it afterwards and think the recipe needs a little tweaking. Next time we're going to add more spices and probably some more applesauce, too. They needed a little more flavor and they were kinda dry, but still really yummy!!
And I love Food Network, too....even if it is a bit dangerous to watch while I'm pregnant! :)
(: mmm wish i could have had one. honestly i agree...food network star in the making...mmm my cousin. a famous chef...(: love you!
Post a Comment