Monday, October 12, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

This morning I was making applesauce and wouldn't you know I had a little helper? (All my kids love to help) Miss Emilia was my helper this morning and she was a good little helper, too! She started out helping me push the apple slicer through the apples (she skipped the peeling part). She thought that was a lot of fun and was quite possessive of the apple slicer. We'd push it through the apples, she'd pull out the core, I moved the slices to the pile and if I forgot and put the slicer out of her reach while I was getting another apple, she'd "Hmph" me and reach over and move it back by her.

When we got to the cutting up of slices, do you know what she did? Well, obviously I didn't give her a knife! I was thinking she'd either stand and watch or wander off to play, but no. She grabbed a slice, bit off a bite and put it in the pot!! I laughed out loud the first three times she did it! It was so cute and so funny and so like her to be dead set on doing something! I did manage to convince her that it might be yummier to just EAT a couple slices of apple, instead of having to take the bites out to put in the pot. She fell for it and spent the rest of the time eating apple slices and playing with the apple cores (I think she was pretending they were people or something.) What a cutie we've got.

No comments: