**Note: I tried to change the picture sizes (to make them bigger) after I uploaded the pics and now they're all pixellated...I don't feel like fixing it right now, so please excuse the blurry pics**
JOSIAH

We have just one more game left in the season. Josiah's focus this season has been on improving his defense. After all the offensive plays, he sprints his way back down the field to play "goalie" on our goal. (There are no set goalies at this age, and oftentimes the goal is left wide open...this bothers Josiah because, obviously, it makes it much easier for the other team to score, thus win, which is a problem when winning means so much...not that anyone keeps score at this age, but that's a whole 'nother frustration for him).
Mr. Goalie doin' his thing

His awareness of being defensive and stopping the other team has come a long way in the last 7 weeks and he's even getting past being sooo defensive focused that he forgets to play offense--because that WAS a problem for a couple games!
MICAH

Micah had a rough start to the season...John is their "coach" (he signed up to be assistant coach and was placed as sole and only coach...problem being that he works some Saturdays and isn't able to make it to any of the weekday make-up games) but wasn't able to come to their first game. That really threw Micah off. He said he only wanted to play if daddy was his coach. He ended up playing some that game, but his heart just wasn't in it. Oh, and I should also mention that he fell and hurt himself (as in blood was seen--much more dramatic than just falling) ON THE WAY to each of the first 4 games, which didn't help his playing spirit, either. So, all of that to say, that for the first half of the season, he wasn't very excited about soccer. That's all changed in the last 2 games and he's been playing really well! He's getting in there and going after the ball and he scored in the last 3 games and his whole attitude about being out there and playing is much improved. I'm so glad, too, because he's been wanting to play soccer for so long! I'm glad to see him really give it his all.
A post-goal cheer from Micah Man

Pre-game team Tigers cheer

Some post-goal cheering by Josiah

John has said many times that coaching soccer at this age is basically all about herding...See what he means?

Some of Josiah's between play entertainment

Micah, being his usual adorable self

Ok, these next pics are from a make-up night game, so they aren't nearly as good because it was getting dark, but there's a few I want to share. First up is Micah's little intimidation move when the teams were lined up before kick off. He looked at the boy from the other team who was standing in front of him and with all seriousness did the "I'm watching you" motion with his hand. And he looked MEAN.

Of course, then he dissolved into laughter and everyone knew not to take him seriously. It was so funny!!
This is Josiah and one of his teammates chatting while they were waiting to go back in the game. I'm posting this pic because I want you to notice how the girl is sitting...

And AS SOON AS they went back in the game, look at how Miss Emilia was sitting

I also want you to notice Emilia's new fashion statement--knit shorts over jeans. It's all the rage in these parts!

And that, my friends, concludes the great SOCCER! post and now I am off to put the coveted CHECK next to this on my ever-growing to-do list!
No comments:
Post a Comment