Friday, March 12, 2010

Close Call

Doing the dishes seems like a simple enough task, right? And yet, nothing is simple these days. :) I turned the water on to wash dishes this morning, thinking everything else was under control. (Why do I ever think that??) Not more than 5 seconds later, Audra was crying and Emilia had spilled her bowl of cereal. Our hot water runs R-E-A-L-L-Y slow, so I left the water running while I took care of the other issues, knowing it takes forever to get enough to wash dishes. I went and got Audra and cleaned up the spilled milk....and in the process TOTALLY forgot about my plans to do dishes, let alone the fact that I had left the water on! It was at least a couple minutes before I remembered. I ran back in the kitchen and found this:



And we have deep sinks! For the first time ever, I am thankful that our hot water runs sooooooooo slow, or I would have had a HUGE mess to clean up.

And why am I blogging about this? I mean, do you really care that I nearly flooded my kitchen this morning? Well, probably not. But I do. And this blog is as much for me as it is for you. This is one of those simple moments that I worry that I'll forget about my life with little kids. I want to remember that, yes, it actually is possible for me to forget--in a matter of less than 2 minutes--that I turned the water on and intended to wash the dishes. I want to remember the craziness of my days because it is my life right now and someday (all too soon) these kids will be grown and gone and no one will be here to distract me from washing the dishes and I just might not be able to fathom that I would have ever been as absent-minded as to forget what I was doing 2 minutes ago. I love my kids and I love my crazy life. I want to remember as much of it as possible because I know I'm going to be sad when these days are over. So there you have it. My almost overflown sink. And my heart so full of love for these little munchkins that I even want to remember my sink looking like this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(: i care that you almost flooded your kitchen...<3