Remember this post? Can you believe that was already TWO YEARS AGO??
That's just crazy to me.
And yet, if I were to go down the hall and into her room (which I would never do right now because she's sleeping!) I would find a beautiful two year old in my house. Oh, where does the time go?? I tell ya, with having had my last baby and seeing her fly through the newborn days faster than my heart can handle and then having my baby girl turn two, I just can't stop thinking of how fast my kids keep growing up and wishing time could slow down just a little bit (I dont want it to slow down TOO much, or my kids and I might not make it through some of our days alive)
But since that will never happen, let me tell you a little about this awesome two-year old I've got (who is currently full of the two-year old attitude, fyi...)
Emilia loves to have her nails painted. Almost every day she walks up to me, holding out her hands and says, "Fix it?" and then we fix all the chips from the day before. When we first started painting her nails a few months ago, she liked having flowers on her nails, too, but now she just likes having the color on them. Mostly she picks pink, but sometimes she'll go for purple or blue (and those are currently our only "Instant Dry" options)
As you've seen, she gets to choose her own clothes. Although she still likes stripes, she's been choosing flowers for the last week or so. And she's into the layered look (that sounds nicer than saying she can't decide on just one shirt) because every day she wears at least one shirt, sometimes three.
She doesn't like having her hair done lately. Which is really too bad because her wispy mullet is starting to hang in her eyes, but she wont let me put a clip in her hair to hold it out of her face. She did wear pigtails for about 30 minutes yesterday, but that was the first time in about a month that she let me do pigtails. I'm going to try making some fabric headbands and see if she'll wear those.
We've been trying to potty train because she's been dry at night for almost 2 weeks now. That's not been so successful. She REALLY resists the potty. She doesn't even want to sit on it. I've bribed her into going on the potty a few times, but mostly she just screams, "NOOOoooooo!" at the mention of the potty. We've tried pullups and training pants and are making no progress. Yesterday, she got so upset about sitting on the potty that as she was trying to climb off, she slipped and fell and her arm went in the potty and then we had the trauma of having to change her 3 shirts....I've decided to postpone potty training for awhile.
Emilia L-O-V-E-S her sister. I mean, *LOVES* her. I think she gives Audra about 100 kisses a day. Everytime Audra cries, Emilia says, "Kisses?" and gives her kisses. She gives kisses when Audra's sleeping and when I'm rocking her and when she's getting a clean diaper and when she's swinging (those are interesting) and when she's just sitting...LOTS of kisses. :) Emilia likes to help burp her and likes to sit and hold her. As a matter of fact, right now she's sitting with Audra (in John's lap) and saying, "Audra. Awww, Audra. Mile. Mile, Audra."
She obviously has older brothers because she'll pick up one of their light sabers (she calls them "savers") and come up to you and growl, "Fight." And she knows that if there is a disagreement about a toy that it is much more effective to clutch the toy to her chest and say, "FIRST!" No one cares about "mine" around here, what matters is if you had it first!
If the old adage "You are what you eat" is true, then we can expect Emilia to turn into a yogurt fruit bar (NutriGrain Bar). Almost every morning (it was EVERY morning until recently) she asks for a fruit bar for breakfast. She asks for one for lunch, snack and dinner, too, but usually only gets them for breakfast. As for the yogurt, well, she'd eat that any time, any day. Sometimes, she gets so insistent about having one that she goes into the fridge and gets one herself...as if that would change my answer. :) Now, she likes fruit bars and yogurt A LOT, but what she really LOVES is chocolate, particularly my grandma's brownies. (And why is it that I can't make brownies that taste like hers? I use the same recipe!!) We eat at my grandma's every Friday, and one Friday my grandma got the brownies out a little too soon...Molly was chewing a bite of broccoli (which she does like...I think it's her favorite vegetable) but once she saw that brownie container the half-chewed broccoli was spit out on her plate and pushed away to make room for the brownie. As far as she was concerned, lunch was OVER. It was really funny, and we've never made that mistake again!
She is very into playing with her baby dolls. I expected that, since everyone said it would happen when we had the baby. She changes their diapers and rocks them to sleep and puts them in the baby swing and holds them close and says, "I gotcha. I gotcha." Her babies get almost as many kisses as Audra and get burped (probably a little harder than Audra). When they are sleeping, we have to be quiet...although I'm not sure what Emilia thinks it means to be quiet, because when I ask her to be quiet she says, "Ok" and then goes and says something at normal volume directly in Audra's ear (usually, "Kisses."). But then, this morning when we were leaving John had to go in her room to get her jacket and she ran after him saying, "Baby sleeping! Shhhh!"
She really likes music. There are a few Sesame Street video clips that we watch on a regular basis. One is "Everybody's Song" and the other is a clip with Elmo and Whoopie Goldberg. She "re-enacts" these with our little music instruments. The Elmo clip has a drum and she uses our tamborine and two sticks to be her drum and sings the "La-la-la-la" part repeatedly. :) I've tried to video this several times because I think it is just so cute, but like all good children, she stops the performance as soon as the video camera is out.
And there you have it. My sweet and sassy two-year old. I love her to pieces. She is such a gift from God and has added so much to our family that I can't imagine us without her. We are so blessed to know her and to have her in our family. She has a huge heart, the sweetest smile and big ole blue eyes that you could get lost in. She is awesome. She is funny. She is a goober.
I still can't believe she's two.
1 comment:
It's ridiculous that she is already two. I remeber when she was 5 days old and I met her. (: <3
Post a Comment