Tuesday, April 6, 2010

He Is Risen!

Happy Easter, everyone! I'm a little late on that, I know, but then again, aren't we really celebrating His resurrection all year round? :)

I hope you had as fun of a weekend as we did! It was busy, for sure, but filled with all good things. On Saturday we went to an Egg Drop where 30,000 eggs were dropped onto a field from a helicopter. Although the kids had a great time playing on the inflatables and everything else, the egg drop ended up sounding a whole lot more impressive than it turned out to be. But that's ok, because all we had to say was "helicopter" and the boys were all for it! :)

This is Emilia with her bunny face paint. If you asked her what was on her face, she'd say, "Bunny. Hop, hop, hop..." and hop around for you. It was soooo cute!



Josiah stuck with the theme of his outfit: UT!
Micah chose not to have his face painted. I think he was in the bounce house or something.



Here's the eggs being dumped from the 'copter.



After the Egg Drop we went to Nana's house to color Easter eggs and have an egg hunt with the cousins. I was supposed to bring wire wisks to make egg dyeing easier for the younger kids (put the egg in the wisk), but I always forget something and on Saturday, I forgot the wisks. I felt rather silly about it because egg dyeing was the main thing we planned to do, but hey, at least I didn't forget one of the kids, right?

The egg dyeing crew




After we colored four dozen or so eggs (and let them dry) the kids hunted the eggs out in the yard. Emilia was kind enough to pre-crack all of the eggs she found so that whoever eats them has a little less work to do. Micah also did his part by tripping and falling and landing on his stomach with about 5 eggs under him, so those were even pre-smashed, in case you were wanting to make egg salad or something along those lines. :) :) Aren't my kids so thoughtful? :) :)

Easter morning was BEAUTIFUL. Our neighbors have a weeping cherry (which is quite possibly my favorite flowering tree) between our driveways and it was so pretty Easter morning. We took our family picture in front of it and although I didn't get a single picture where all six of us look good (what a surprise, I know. Hello, photoshop, here I come!) the cherry tree looks awesome in all of them.

After church, we had a very yummy dinner at John's parents house and then we went (eventually) for a hike up at Norris Dam. The wildflowers were just starting to blossom and the weather was perfect for a hike. Micah was our leader most of the way and did an awesome job setting our pace. Josiah kept finding all sorts of neat stuff for us to notice (like the crocodile-shaped log in the river) and keeping us entertained with his singing and be-boppin'. Emilia walked some, was carried some, and rode some in the backpack carrier. She loved the hike, though, and is still talking about it today (for a 2 year old, that means a lot!) Audra slept in the Moby wrap THE WHOLE TIME. Mmmm...I love that moby wrap. How in the world did I make it through three kids without it??

Emilia in her backpack carrier.



Mighty Micah leading the way!



Refueling at the halfway point.



The kids "action" shot.



All of the hikers.



A few other tidbits from the weekend...
On Monday, we got out some new sidewalk chalk. Josiah said, "Mommy, now that we have gray, I can draw Grampa!" So, here's his grampa! :)



It was also warm enough to bust out the sprinkler for the first time this year. Clearly, the kids had a GREAT time!






I hope each of you had as great of a weekend as we did!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I MISSED THE SPRINKLER? :O Just kidding I love you. (: And the drawing of 'Grampa' was great :D

Rebekah said...

Yes, sadly, you missed the sprinkler fun! Emilia became quite covered in dirt after you left, and once again, my options were: sprinkler or bath...I went for sprinkler. I'm lazy like that. :) I rationalize it with the knowledge that my kids had much more fun in the sprinkler than they would in the bath. And, after all, isn't it all about their happiness?? HA! Would it be too much to shampoo their hair in the sprinkler next time???

Unknown said...

(: haha honestly im not sure that it woud be bad. put the shampoo in the sprinkler so the water is all bubbly and they can have a bath without all the work (: