Some stories from the past couple weeks...
One day Micah and I were talking. He was telling me about something he did or liked. I said, "I love that about you, Micah...Actually, I love everything about you."
With a bob of his head he said, "Even that I'm CA-RAZY?!?"
Yup. Especially that you're ca-razy. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------
At grandma day one week my sister's kids had their MP3 players. My kids were listening to them. It was after lunch and I was trying to find out if they wanted M&Ms. (She was out of brownies...*GASP!*)
I went up to Josiah and said in a loud voice, "Grandma doesn't have brownies. Do you want M&Ms?"
He shouts back at me, "WHAT?"
I repeat, even louder, "DO YOU WANT M&MS?"
"WHAT??"
I motion for him to take the headphones off. He does. To be silly, I mouth "M&Ms?"
HE RESPONDS AND SAYS, "Sure."
My mom, sister, cousin and I died laughing!!
So, Micah comes in, also listening to music and he is also talking to McCain. I'm standing right behind him and when he's done talking to McCain I say, "Micah, do you want M&Ms?"
Nothing. No response.
I'm following him around the room and try again, only louder this time,
"MICAH, DO YOU WANT M&MS?"
Nada.
I'm frustrated, so I sit down. Someone suggests I just try mouthing it to him. We all laugh. I decide to humor myself and try it. I walk over to Micah and tap him on the shoulder. I mouth, "M&MS?"
HE NODS HIS HEAD YES!!!
So, I've decided speaking is overrated. From now on I'm just going to mouth the words. Apparently it's more effective, anyway. Plus, if I can get everyone in the house to follow the same philosophy, my house will be a much quieter, hopefully more peaceful place. Besides, just think how much easier it is to ignore someone who is only mouthing something in your direction.
Oh wait. On second thought, maybe I need to reconsider this... :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is Emilia's lullabye that she sings to her babies:
"Rock a baby
Into my (really high note) heart,
Little star"
Repeat indefinitely.
No comments:
Post a Comment