He was so excited and so proud of himself. (and I am a proud momma!) I think he spent an hour deciding what to write and what to draw and what colors to use and how to fold the paper. He used his "spell checker" (me) for almost every word, even though he already knew how to spell them all. He was nervous, too. He kept asking questions like, "Do you think if I put the question mark on the next line she'll know that this was supposed to be a question and I just ran out of room up here?" or "What do you think she'll think about the way I colored us?" (He drew a picture of him and Rylee writing each other letters) I loved watching him do this! And because I'm a photo addict, you can "watch" him take it to the mailbox. :)
Looking both ways before he crosses the street:

Putting the letter in:

Putting up the flag:

Trying to wipe the big ole smile off his face:

BUSTED with the big ole smile!! :)

P.S. His pen pal is my cousin's daughter, Rylee. Jodi (my cousin) and I talked about having the kids write letters last summer, but it just never happened. Josiah remembered us talking about it and asked to do this, this year, all on his own. Because of that, he is much more excited about it than he was at the mention of it last year! :)
P.P.S. Random tidbit...the joy of having a garden is that when your child asks at snack time if he "can just have some vegetables instead," after you decide that he must be part alien, you can tell him there are some sugar snap peas ripe outside and he can go pick some after he's done choking down the 'nilla wafers you gave him.
And he'll be so happy to do it that he'll bring in extras for everyone else!!
1 comment:
See, that's why your blog is so good! You have pictures of stuff. I would never think to photograph that experience. I could write about it, but it is so much more interesting with visual aids. :)
Post a Comment