Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miss Audra

The last couple of weeks have been soo busy and hopefully soon I will get around to telling you about some of the fun stuff that we did, but I think my sweet Audra needs a post just about her. Don't you think? :)



Miss Audra is already 5 months old! She's quite large for a 5 month old, though, so most people who don't know her think she is older than that. She is still our happy little baby, however since she's discovered there are fun things happening in life she protests nap and bedtime. She loves to be talked to by anyone. She loves peek-a-boo and she LOVES her sister! (Emilia is quite taken with her, too) She loves belly kisses and hand kisses and foot kisses and zerberts and raspberries.

You know that she discovered her hand, right? Well, a couple weeks ago she discovered her foot.



She played footsie for quite awhile.



That foot's pretty cool, but the hand is waaaaay cooler!



A couple weeks ago, Audra graduated to eating "real food." I mean, as real of food as a 5 month old can eat! She's been eyeing our food for well over a month and was thrilled to finally get to eat some of her own. I'm not sure rice cereal was quite what she expected though...



Peas had a better reaction.



Audra's one big love in life, though, is her momma.


Audra and me at Dollywood

I guess most babies feel that way. At least mine all have. Audra is no exception. Her face lights up when I come in the room. When she's crying, she starts to calm down once she sees me just walking toward her (though if for some reason I don't actually GO to her, she reverts back to full-out angry scream!) If she hears my voice she will search the room to find me and fuss until I get her. She's a momma's girl. At least for now...

Having three older kids has really made me appreciate this time in Audra's life. I know all too soon she will have times when she doesn't think I'm so great. Over her lifetime I'm sure I'll get many a mean look, hear many hurtful words and I'll say my share, too. Right now Audra thinks I'm the greatest thing ever. I'm treasuring that because I know it wont be long before she realizes how flawed I am. All it takes to make her happy right now is for me to hold her. The day will come when that won't be enough to make it all better. These days of babyhood are so precious to me because this peacefulness passes so quickly. I know, "peacefulness" isn't usually used to describe having a new baby, but compared to the timeouts and arguments and disagreements that come with older kids, I, for one, think these first months are quite peaceful! So, I'm lovin' my baby. I'm lovin' her chubbiness and her gummy grins and her baby talk. I'm lovin' that she loves me unconditionally, all the time, without question. I'm lovin' that I can have really bad days around her and she doesn't notice. She just wants me to be with her, no matter what kind of mood I'm in. I'm "treasuring up these things and pondering them in (my) heart."



And I'm mentally preparing myself for what's to come. :)

No comments: