Remember Josiah's pen pal? Well, he got a letter back! He was soooo excited! He had been asking every day for a week when he would get a letter back and he was thrilled when I finally handed him that envelope. I know the feeling...emails and all and good, but there's just nothing like getting a letter in the mail!

Emilia is quite a creative little girl. This is the setup by her door.

And this is how she has used it all to her advantage so that she can turn her lights on and off.

Micah still loves his long hair and its especially fun in the bathtub. You can shape it and spike it in all kinds of ways. Here's one of the most recent:

One rainy afternoon we went outside for some good ole playin' in the rain. It was the perfect day for it, too, warm outside, cool refreshing rain and--of course--NO LIGHTENING! The boys had a blast from the second we were out the door.


Emilia was a bit skeptical at first, but she caught on before long!

My cousin Emily was over that day, so here's the whole rain crew:
One weekend in the not too distant past we had a carpet picnic/movie night. Micah came as a cowboy :) We watched "Jack and the Bean stuff"...at least that's what Emilia called it!

Emilia has been potty training, too, for almost a month now. It wasn't really her choice, but she was taking off her diapers, wet or poopy, as soon as they were dirty. I got over those messes pretty quick, so bye-bye diapers! The first week was a struggle. But since then she's been doing great! She's even started taking herself--WOO-HOO!! When she made it 4 days without an accident we had an eclair party (Emilia Claire...E. Claire...ha-ha...beside, who cares if its a corny joke, the eclairs were YUMMY!)

And when she had been dry for one whole week, SHE GOT HER EARS PIERCED! By her choice, I might add. I warned her it was going to hurt. She even got stung by a wasp one day at Nana's and I told her that when she got her ears pierced it was going to hurt like the wasp sting. Did she still want her ears pierced? (this was before it was potty training incentive) She said yes, so, we took her.

getting ready

She SCREAMED after the first ear was pierced, for about a minute. After she calmed down the lady went to do the other and she started SCREAMING again. I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn't listen so I asked the lady for a mirror. I had Emilia look in the mirror, I showed her her one pierced ear and told her if the lady didn't do the other she would only have one flower, was she ok with that? She said, "No." I asked if she wanted the lady to pierce the other ear and she said yes. She cried a little after the second, but she got over it pretty quick and is so proud of her flower earrings!
This is the boys getting ready for her to get her ears pierced...this cracked me up!

Ahhh! I still have to much to post, but this is going to have to be it for now. Hopefully soon there will be more!
No comments:
Post a Comment