Monday, July 19, 2010

Silly Things My Kids Said Today

Emilia was in timeout (she seems to like it because she keeps doing things to be put there...). In the midst of her wailing and crying and saying, "Call me, Mommy. Call me!", she laid face-down on the floor and cried,

"Why'd it have to be me??"

The life of a 2-year old is rough.

--------------------------------------------------------

Josiah and I were looking at castle stuff earlier today. We were looking at the different parts of this castle:


I don't know if you can read the parts or not (probably not without a magnifying glass...I didn't realize how tiny that would be!), but there are two different bridges on the castle: a draw bridge and a fixed bridge.

Josiah is reading the parts and says,

"That's the fixed bridge. Huh. Well, it's a good thing they fixed it, isn't it?"

(the castle image was found here.)
---------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...
Want to hear how a perfectly normal day can deteriorate into pure madness in a matter of minutes? If so, read on.

It was Audra's naptime. She was insisting that it wasn't by her best means of communication: crying. So, I tried rocking her to sleep. While rocking her, Emilia comes running through the dining room yelling, "I PEED, MOMMY!"

Oh, great.

Josiah is standing in the dining room, so I hand Audra to him, tell Emilia to go take off her wet pants and I go to mop up the pee puddle, which, incidentally is all the way by the stairs. I found it by following the pee footprints back to their source. I get out the mop, clean up the puddle, mop up the footprints. Emilia is now sans pants. Josiah and Micah are playing with Audra in the dining room. I take Emilia to her room to get her dry pants. Somehow she has managed to also get pee on her shirt, so I strip her bare and redress her. Her hands need to be washed, though, so I say, "Let's go wash your hands." I step out of her room just as Josiah, carrying Audra, steps on the still wet floor and falls. Lots of crying begins. Emilia is gone. I pick up Audra, overreact with Josiah. When I get Audra calmed down, I go to find Emilia. She has gone to the bathroom and pumped AT LEAST 7 pumps of the handsoap into the toilet. I yell at her and send her to timeout. I go to talk to Josiah, who is curled up in his bed. I mend some fences. After talking to him about the importance of rules (rule is he's not suppose to walk around with Audra) I ask him what he's thinking. He says, "I'm thinking that you're right. I wasn't thinking anything stupid." Good to know. I lay Audra down for her nap. She goes without a fight. FINALLY. Get Emilia out of timeout. I can't even count how many times she's been there today. It's like her second home. We have the "timeout talk" and then go wash hands.

Whew.

Breathe. Just breathe.

Ahhh, the luxurious life of a stay-at-home mom. :) Now, where'd I leave my bonbons?

1 comment:

MEBCC said...

I love ya sweetie! I have days like that all too often. :)