Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Year Has Begun!

School year, that is.

I'm much more nervous this year than last year. This year I have two kids to teach. This year I have to plan for two grades (some). This year I have two little ones to take care of/entertain while also trying to teach the two older ones. This year I have two separate menus to prepare (Ok, so baby food doesn't take THAT long to make, but still!) Yeah. Little bit nervous about it all.

So we started the year a little early to help make up for some of the craziness that I'm sure we'll have.

Today we were doing our Bible time. Josiah was thumbing through the back part of the Bible (we were in Genesis). While looking at the font and size of the printing he says, "Wow. God has REALLY neat handwriting!"

Made me chuckle. :)

Then we were doing the craft for our history/Bible lesson and making a little booklet about the days of creation. Josiah is showing me the pictures he drew and when he gets to the seventh day he has a person that fills up THE ENTIRE PAGE. I say, "WOW." Josiah says, "Yeah, 'cause you know God is really big and all."

As part of their language class the boys are memorizing a poem. It's called The Caterpillar and I had them draw a picture of the caterpillar in their sketch books. They did such a great job on them I wanted to share them with you. Check out Josiah's cardinal--he drew that completely from memory!



And while all of this has been going on, Audra has been getting up on her hands (or elbows) and knees.



WHAT?!??

What happened to my little baby???

John so kindly pointed out that she was never really little. Well, she was to me! She's my BABY and now she's got some grand ideas about starting to crawl? Now, why's she want to go and do that? She's got the rest of her life for getting around independently...let's savor these baby days a little more! C'mon--just a little bit more? This momma's just not ready for that--in many ways!

2 comments:

The Isaacsons said...

the crawling at six months thing - not so fun. You totally miss that time where you can finally set a baby down to entertain himself (or herself for you), do something and have them in the same place.

Rebekah said...

Yeah, I was thinking that wouldn't be so fun. I'm really not ready for her to start crawling, not only because she's my baby, but also because that's just a whole 'nother level of things that I'm not ready for! Not that crawling really matters at this point...she can already get to the other side of the room just by rolling and scootching, but the other kids wanted nothing to do with the handy "exersaucer" once they could crawl, and I use that a lot right now when I'm cooking and stuff. Why does she want to be so mobile already?? :)