Nana and Sue bought a slip and slide for everyone to play in. The rules about said slip and slide were a bit of an issue, but the kids had fun in spite of us ole fogies.


This was one of the first days that Brooke and Ryan were in town, in fact, it might have been the first time we saw them after they got here. Brooke kept trying to give Emilia a hug and as awesome as Emilia thinks Brooke is, she just wasn't ready for a hug...YET. Now, shoe stealing--that's a whole different story! (Over the course of the weeks that Brooke was here, Emilia stole her flip flops so much that my mom eventually went out and found Emilia her own pair!)
They were here over the Fourth of July, so naturally there were sparklers




and fireworks!



One morning we headed out the Hall's Fruit and Berry Patch to pick some peaches and blueberries. Sampling the product is important and was by far Emilia and Ryan's favorite part of our trip!




Plus, with all these helpers, I had my blueberries picked in no time!

(A little side note here...if you live in the Knoxville area and have not been to the Fruit and Berry Patch you HAVE to go! It's awesome. Plus, they make some really delicious fried pies and honey...but those are just a bonus to all the yummy fruits and veggies they grow there. I hear they have a kind of corn that is so good you can eat it without cooking it. We're going there one day this week to try it, so I'll keep you posted on that. If you don't live in Knoxville, you can see if there is a pick-your-own farm near you on the Pick Your Own website.)
Ok, I'm going to stop here for tonight. I've got two more adventures to post about (just from when Brooke and Ryan were here!), but they will have to wait for another day. You've already waited more than a month, what's a few more days?? :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
But, real quick--
In other news...
Emilia has QUITE the imagination! Do you remember Jujah and Fahvey? They don't come around much anymore, but every now and then one of the boys will bring them along to play. Emilia has met them enough to know their names and calls them "Jujah and Father." And I guess she also felt inspired by their occasional apperances because she now has an imaginary friend of her own. Her name is Jenna. The first time I met Jenna was a couple weeks ago when Emilia brought me one of her play phones and asked if she could call Jenna. That same week she didn't get to tell Jenna 'bye when we left my grandma's house AND THEN we FORGOT her (Jenna) at my grandma's house. It was traumatic.
Emilia also has an imaginary pet. I *think* it's a dog (inspired by Toto from The Wizard of Oz). All I know for sure is that Cloodle (that's her pet's name) can fit in her hand and most of the time she carries Cloodle around in one of her purses. We have to feed Cloodle, too. So far, s/he likes pickles, cheese and brussell sprouts. Personally, I just love the name! It makes me smile everytime she says it.
"Mommy! Where mah Cloooo-dle? Oh, I fine him. You hole mah Cloodle for me?"
-------------------------------------------------------------
In other, other news...
I can't believe Audra will be 6 months old TOMORROW!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment