One day this week the kids were playing hide and seek. Micah was hiding and Emilia was seeking. I heard her stomping down the hallway, yelling,
"Mister Miiiiicah--Where aaaaaare yoooooou?
Miiiiister Siiiiiilly Head, where are you?
Mister Silly Micah Head, Where aaaaaaare yoooooou?"
-------------------------------------------------------------
This morning I was sitting on the couch with Micah doing the {this moment} post below when he said,
"Everytime I swallow I have bubbles come out of my ear."
Wow....really? I wanna see!
He swallows. We wait...
"Well, it FEELS like it!"
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday the boys were gone playing golf in the morning, leaving just us girls at home. We were all hanging out in the living room. I left the room to go get something and Audra started crying. From in the kitchen I heard Emilia comfort her,
"It's alright Miss Audwa, I am not going somewhere. I am not going somewhere."
And Audra stopped crying.
---------------------------------------------------------------
As you may have noticed, Emilia is big on using titles. My mom's brother, Uncle Bill, frequently comes to grandma day with us. She loves her Uncle Bill! The way she says his name, though, sounds more like, "Unka Bill."
And his wife? Well, she's Unka Susan, of course! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------
My grandma got a new couch this week. Our couch was in pretty sad shape. The cushions were black holes that sucked you in when you sat down. It was a major effort to get up, I mean serious heave-ho effort. I think I realized just how bad it was when "Unka Susan" was here and sat down on the couch. I stood there thinking to myself, "Wow....she just doesn't look at all comfortable." So when my grandma asked if anyone wanted her old couch, I was jumping up and down saying, "Me! Me!" As luck would have it, no one else wanted it, so yesterday we picked up our new-to-us couch (which is also sort of strange because it's the same couch my grandma had when she lived in this house and now it's back here in the very same position that it was some 7 years ago!).
This morning I was snuggling Emilia on the couch after she got up. As she became more coherent she noticed the couch (that we brought in after she was in bed last night).
"Granma got new couch?"
Yes.
"And now this is our couch?"
Yes.
She stuck her face in the couch and took a inhaled deeeeeeeply.
"It doesn't smell like it's our couch."
She smells accent pillow that I kept from the old couch.
"Yup. This smells like our pillow."
I guess it'll take awhile to break in the "new" couch afterall. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Emilia is currently playing with one of her babydolls in the play tent set up in the living room. She just looked at me and said,
"You want to watch me hang out with my baby?"
No comments:
Post a Comment