Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 6

Last day at the beach. It always goes by so fast.

I stayed in bed through my last sunrise on the beach. I hated that I did it and loved it all at the same time. :)

John and I spent the morning packing our stuff into the car. The plan was to spend our last day enjoying the beach and then load into the car after dinner for the drive home. We'd get home in the early hours of the morning, but we had a pipe to fix before John went back to work on Monday. Audra, however, was NOT HAPPY that we kept going outside without her. Emilia stood by her side for the whole thing, but couldn't handle the crying.

Another fun game of UNO--it was the game of choice at the beach this year. Audra wanted to play this time, though. I suggested the boys move up to the table so she couldn't get in the cards.

You can see how well that solved the problem. :)

Karen gave Emilia a purse and she loved it (shocker). First thing she said, "It needs stuffs in it!"

I took the girls out to the beach to get some pictures that I could get printed for their 1 year and 3 year pics. I need to do some editing on them, but I got some that I can work with. The hardest thing was getting them to look at the camera--there were so many more exciting things to see!





Josiah was the hole digger this morning. But no one found any treasure there, unfortunately.

Micah and McCain playing in the ocean. It was FINALLY warm enough for it!
I think this picture is funny because it looks like McCain is running on top of the water!

My sandcastle for the day.

Once again, the tide was being too slow for us, so Emilia and Micah did their best to fill the moat.

I don't know what made all of the kids run for the water, but all of a sudden they all took off for the ocean!

Bruce found this little guy on the beach. Isn't he cute? They kept him in a bucket for a little while until Mom and Sue got back so they could see him. We all liked watching him swim around. He was so tiny!

Emilia even held him for awhile. She was all serious about it. Never smiled, just studied him and used all her concentration to hold completely still.

The kids in the ocean...
posing...

and playing!

Micah being mischevious (as usual!)

Emilia was using the bucket to mix up a special concoction for the moat. Stir, stir, stir!

I had high hopes that the afternoon would be even more beautiful than the morning had been. Sadly, by the time we got back out after lunch, the clouds had rolled in and it was WINDY!

Audra was still able to find some shells to show off to everyone

and she got to play on the rocks for the first time, which she thought was AWESOME!


But the wind was really blowing the sand around and up and it was right at the level of Emilia's eyes. Needless to say she was not a fan of that so it wasn't long before she was ready to go in.

We had a FANTASTIC week at Folly Beach! After an uneventful trip home, we rolled into John's parent's house around 1 AM. After some investigation it would seem that one of two things happened:
a) our water heater malfunctioned and send a charge back through the copper pipe. The pipe was touching the metal air vent and when the charge grounded out on the vent it blew a hole in the pipe which caused the leak.

OR

b) lightning struck our house or close to our house and caused the above to happen. Not too unlikely since our TV also was hit with something and no longer works, either.

And there you have it :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your kids are so georgous! Thank you for all of the pictures. How was the leak when you got home?