So, we went with family names this time around.
Emilia - from my great grandfather Emil and his grandmother Amelia. Meaning: Work of the Lord or friendly.
Claire - from my great grandmother Clara (and her mother Clara and her mother's mother Clara...) :P Meaning: Clear or bright.
We've been calling her Molly as a nickname. Not your typical nickname for Emilia, but in case you care, here is the reasoning behind that, too! We both wanted a nickname for our little girl BUT...I already know a Mia, John didn't like Lia and neither of us liked Emmie or Millie. So....we decided Molly wasn't TOO much of a stretch and we both like it.
So, there you have it. The story behind the name.
Ok, I was just going to post about the name, but I thought of a few more things to add to this...
First of all, John informed me yesterday that there is new terminology in our house..."the girls." (Hooray! I'm not the only girl anymore!) Molly and I were napping and I guess Josiah was on his way to go potty and John reminded him to be quiet and then asked if Josiah remembered why he needed to be quiet. Josiah said, "Yes, because the girls are sleeping."

And speaking of girls...Josiah was watching John change one of Molly's diapers yesterday and as soon as John pulled the diaper back Josiah exclaimed, "OH! It IS a girl!" As if he had doubted our honesty. Nah, it's a boy...we were just waiting to see how long it would take you to figure it out. Ha! Or I guess it's such a shock because all we had before were boys...I'm still in awe myself sometimes that we ACTUALLY have a girl!!

Last thing (I think)...John declared yesterday that he doesn't care what anyone says; boys and girls just come out different. :) Molly has this...well, squeal that she does when something bothers her. It's not a cry, its a squeal (to be honest, it kinda reminds me of a pig!). The first time she did it John just looked at her (I think he was hoping it was a fluke) and the second time he said, "She's a girly girl already!" And then the comment that they just come out different. Hee-hee! We're in for a world of fun with this one!

As you can see we are all just head over heels in love with our new baby girl.
2 comments:
hey..does that mean u didnt name her after me....im hurt :'(
: )
Post a Comment