
The boys really like to play games...have I mentioned that before? One of their favorites (especially Micah's) is called "Zingo." It's one of the many we got for Christmas and we have played it SO MUCH in the last 2 months. At least it's a fun game for adults, too, and not one of those you have to fake enthusiasm about (at least I think it's fun!). Micah likes to be the "dealer" and put the pieces out and he's also very thoughtful...if you mss a piece that is on your board, he'll get it for you--as long as it's not a piece he needed, too! The best part of the game, to me, is when they "swipe" a piece that you needed, too. They always come over and put their hand on your cheek and say, "It's okay, Mommy, there will be another (clock)." Then they sit back down to finish the game. John did that to Micah the first time he missed a piece and now it's tradition to do everytime. So far, Micah seems to have the luck in the family because I bet 9 times out of 10 he wins (hmmmm...maybe there is a reason he likes this game so much!) and sometimes Josiah gets frustrated because "I wanted to say ZINGO!" But anyway...here is a pic of the boys and John playing "Zingo."

I've been playing with more "shadow" pictures lately. For awhile now I've tried to do silhouette tracings of the boys, but they will never stand still long enough for me to trace them. But after taking my belly shots the other week I had the "brilliant" idea that I could just take a silhouette PICTURE of them....surely they can stand still long enough for that? (And they did, it was more a matter of keeping them looking straight ahead and not at the camera!) And then, from playing with the pics on the computer, I turned them into real silhouettes. Awesome! Here they are:
Josiah's

Micah's

As I mentioned in the last post, the boys are both really excited about our new baby. Everyday Josiah says, "Maybe today the baby wil come out!" Yep....maybe. No one's been pregnant forever, right? (that's what I keep reminding myself) And Micah has really surprised me with how lovey he's been to "baby." The most recent thing was taking care of baby La-la the other day. He said baby La-La couldn't find her Mommy so he was taking care of her. And he sat there for several minutes on the couch just holding her like a baby and talking to her like a baby, rocking her back and forth. Here's the pic I snatched:

And lastly...another preggo pic of me. I think this one turned out better than the other. I made John take this one and then I changed some of the lighting stuff on the computer. I can't remember when I had him take these....maybe last weekend? So 39 weeks. Yes, that's right folks, my due date is tomorrow and baby's still baking. I guess not EVERYTHING about this pregnancy will be different. Bummer!!
1 comment:
that game sounds fun...you are a great photogropher/computer user...and last but not least that is really cute what micah has been doing with baby la-la...he'll be a great big brother
ps. maybe this pregnancy will be the same if u go to the mall : )
Post a Comment