Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Little of This, a Little of That



Where to start? I guess I'll start with Micah's drawings because it's what keeps coming to mind...
Micah drew this picture the other day. Want to guess what it is?

Why, it's space ships, of course! What were you thinking?? He's only 2 for crying out loud! :)

Ok, here is another of his drawings. It is the first time (other than the "space ships") that he has drawn something specific--and this one is even recognizable!

Ok, it's MOSTLY recognizable. It's a robot. Blue robot, of course, since no other color exists to Micah (you may have noticed that the "space ships" were blue, too).



Josiah made up a new song recently...
"I can walk through the air 'cause I'm Luke Skywalker."
It is somewhat humorous to me that he knows the Star Wars characters since he has never seen the movies, doesn't have any books about it and yet, thanks to his parents love of the movies, he not only knows the characters but also several key lines from the movies. "Luke, I am your fah-thur" (By the way, it's hysterical to hear him say this line because he tries to make his 4 year old voice really deep and scratchy)



Everyone keeps asking how the boys are doing with Emilia. To be honest, they not only like having a sister, they LOVE her. I have been surprised and amazed at how well they have adapted to our new little one and by how much affection they have for her. Yesterday when I was trying to get Molly to sleep (which she was fighting super hard), Josiah came back and laid with her and me on the bed and patted her back trying to calm her down--with her constantly screaming. No "why is she crying?" or "Why wont she stop?" or anything like that. He just came back, asked if he could snuggle us and then rubbed her back to try and calm her. It was so sweet.



Today when I was dropping Josiah off at school I left Micah and Molly in the car. When I came back Micah was singing. He said, "Mommy, I was singing baby Molly a lullabye while you were gone." One of my favorite moments of the lsst couple weeks was when Emilia was crying and Micah came running into the living room and said, "Mommy, baby Molly is calling for you. Come see!" Then he led me, beckoning me on with several little waves of his hand, back to where Molly was "sleeping." Micah climbed on the bed and over to her and rubbed her face and said, "Shhh, shhh. It's ok Molly. Mommy's here now. It's ok." Yeah. The boys love their sister.



Little Miss Emilia is doing very well. She loves to eat and sleep, as all good babies do. She also LOVES to stretch. I think she even beats her dad in this category! One time when I was trying to feed her she was still in the process of waking up and, seriously, she stretched for 5 minutes. No kidding! Arms up, legs straight, arch back, scrunch face, arms in, legs in, legs out, face up, chin down, squirm. Repeat process. I hope you get to see the production sometime because it's really quite cute!



Molly has also ALREADY outdone her brothers. She has peed and pooped on John!! Ha-ha!! After the FIRST poop (yes, there's been more than one!) John said, "I made it through two boys without even being peed on and now I have a little girl and within 2 weeks she pees AND poops on me!"

This is her "drunk on milk" look:


Seems like there was another Josiah story I was going to tell you...my sleep deprived brain can't come up with it right now, though. I'll have to add it later. I've got a video to add, anyway, so look for those to be coming your way soon. (And remember, "soon" is a relative term and I do have a newborn) :)

My "SuperBoys"





Oh, and I'll go ahead and tell on myself. I've already missed the first big milestone in my third child's life....I forgot the camera on her first Easter. :(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot the camera!!! How could you do a thing like that!!! : )
I'm glad the boys are adjusting well. Surprisingly I'm not getting to many questions at school (at least not as many as we thought I would.).

P.S. Didn't I remind you to take pictures of her first Easter... : )

angela said...

I'm just so impressed that you already have multiple posts! I think you're proof that it's easier to add baby #3 than #2. I'm glad things are going so well. Molly's so CUTE!

And I think it's amazing that you made it to church on easter - 1 week after she was born - and that should trump you forgetting the camera!

Unknown said...

hey i just saw the new blog picture...it is so cute