Saturday, February 7, 2009

SNOW!!!!!!!!

I LOVE snow. My mom tells me that when we lived in Wisconsin I would stay out in the snow much longer than my brother and sister and sometimes my lips would even turn blue before I came back inside. These days I might not have the fortitude to stay out until my lips are blue, but I still LOVE snow. My grandparents live in Iowa and it takes real effort not to be jealous of the snowy pictures they send me in the winter. And to be honest, when we lived in Knoxville in the 80's I remember there being much more snow than we get now. But maybe I'm misremembering...All that to say that it has been far too long since we've had a "real" snow here in Knoxville, and I do use that term loosely because we still only had a couple inches. However, beggars can't be choosers and I was just glad that it SNOWED!! Josiah seems to have inherited my love of the fluffy, cold, white SNOW. He was the first one to notice it was snowing. We were playing in the living room when he suddenly said, "Hey, look! It's snowing!" Pessimistic me thought to myself, "Yeah, like it's going to stick." (Especially since it had been quite warm the day before) but lo and behold, it kept snowing and it stuck! Micah was funny because when he saw it was snowing he said, "God answered my prayer! Because I said, "Dear God, please let it snow and stay on the ground so we can play in it. Amen" but wouldn't you know, even after praying that, I had to FORCE him to go out and play in the snow! Emilia did venture out for a very short time, just long enough to sit in the snow and get cold and start crying. I don't have a snow suit for her, so she and I missed most of the snow fun, but we watched through the window and did at least help build a snowman...that Micah tore down in 2.25 seconds. (that's an approximation, but seriously it was down by the time I picked up Emilia and turned around.) Ah well. It's warm again today (in the 40's?) so the snow is almost gone. But it was fun while it lasted!

When the big flakes first started to fall...I was so optimistic, I took a picture because I thought it was my only chance.


The boys pushing each other down the "hill" on the "sled"





Emilia watching her brothers have all the fun in the snow.


Micah, Josiah and the "sled"...you know, they had a great time with it and that's all that matters!


Micah, "licking the snow"


The boys and the one-eyed snowman.


Emilia's ever so brief adventure in the snow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ive seen all these b4, but they are still soooo adorable...btw: im working on a masterpiece called Fun At Grandma's video...ill let you know when it's done it a video of all the pics i could find on my laptop taken at gma's they are so cute...ill let you kno when its done...

.luvz ya. <3

Mark said...

Ahh....enjoy the snow. I am glad you and the kids had a chance to play in it. I do miss seeing it every once in awhile. However at the same time I am not going to complain about the warm weather we have in Taiwan.

Also, I am glad you enjoyed the story about the Great Wall. I enjoyed living it and writing about it.