Still no pics from San Diego, they're coming--I promise! Not that I'm surprised or anything, but knocking on wood last week did me no good and Emilia and Josiah both got sick...on Easter morning. Josiah seems to be back to normal, but my little girl is still recovering. That and apparently viruses can transfer from humans to computers. Did you know that?? Ha. Well, ok, so not really, but our computer did also get some sort of nasty virus and it is also on the mend thanks to the computer guys at John's work, but I still don't have those pics on here, so we'll just have to let the anticipation build for a few more days.
I've been thinking recently about how quickly kids grow up. I know people say it all the time, and I know I've said it to others more times than I can count, but also I know I'm going to turn around tomorrow and my kids will be graduating and going off to college...at least it's going to seem like tomorrow. My kids are still relatively young, but this is all going by so fast and there's no way to make it stop! If only a year as a mom would last as long as year lasted when I was a kid. I wish I could switch that time flow somehow, because although some days seem to last forever around here, the years are FLYING by and when I was little the days went by fast, but a year was an eternity of waiting. Strike that. Reverse it. Give me more time to treasure these little people while they're growing and learning and being oh-so silly.
Josiah is to blame for this recent train of thought. The boy is getting so big! I can't pick him up and hold him for very long. He's all arms and legs, there's appendages hanging everywhere and it's just gotten a bit awkward. Doesn't stop me from picking him up 'cause I'm trying to hold on to my little boy just a bit longer, but when I look at him, I know. My baby's gone. My little boy has grown up into...
A KID.
Before I cry about that again....
So, I've been noticing some of the childish things my kids still do. One that I've been particularly enjoying the last few days are the words they still don't pronounce correctly. They make me smile. I've been tucking them away in my heart to treasure for all time. A sweet memory of the fleeting days with my babies.
constructions: Micah's word. the instructions for a game
die-nag-ally: Josiah's word. diagonally.
bleh-shoo: Micah's word. A sneeze. Correct use: Mommy, I just blehshooed.
"watching an eye on you": Micah's phrase. Same as "keeping an eye on you."
am-blee-ance: Josiah's word. ambulance.
rawd egg: Josiah's word. raw egg, but much more vicious sounding.
laugh-o-dills: Micah's word. daffodils. Josiah gave him a thorough enough speech lesson on this that it only lasted a day or two.
suspectin': Micah's word. expecting, as in, "Mommy's suspectin' a package."
There's more, I know. I'm going to have to write them down, though because just sitting here I can't remember them. How sad is that? If I can't remember it now how am I going to be able to remember the sweetness of these days when I'm 60, 70 or 80???
I don't know how many of you listen to the music that I have set to play with our blog, but the song I usually have as the first song is my "mommy song." Every time I hear it, I'm reminded...time falls away, but I'll always have these little wonders to remember how sweet it feels to be a mom.
"In the end,
we will only just remember how it feels.
Our lives are made
in these small hours.
These little wonders,
these twists & turns of fate.
Time falls away,
but these small hours,
these small hours still remain."
1 comment:
i really cant comment on that bc im not a mom...but i luv ur kids' words they come up with...=) <3 ya!!!
Post a Comment