We had a big birthday celebration here on Sunday. My sweet Micah man turned four. I know I say this at every birthday, but SERIOUSLY--where does the time go?!?? I can't believe that its already been 4 years since I was big as a house, 9 days late, being induced and told that when they broke my water there was a chance the umbilical cord could prolapse because the baby's head wasn't fully engaged (What?! 9 days late and not fully engaged?!?) and we'd have to be rushed the the hospital for an emergency C-section. Well, needless to say, that didn't happen, John kept taking naps during my labor and Micah made his grand entrance sooner than we all expected and then I was holding my new baby boy. That was four years ago already? Yikes.

But what an awesome kid he has become in those 4 years. He is so full of life and adventure and sweetness. He comes to check on Emilia when she cries and comforts her with backrubs and kisses and soothing words. Yes, sometimes those backrubs knock the little girl over because he is very strong and physical, but he doesn't do it on purpose. He loves to laugh and make faces and try new things, except for new food things and his taste buds seems to become less and less adventurous everday! He likes books and puzzles and anything unexpected, like a silly end to a book or someone jumping out from around the corner saying "boo!" He is lovey and makes sure to give everyone hugs and kisses before they leave, and even then a lot of times he'll run to the front windows to throw out some extra kisses and you'd better make sure he sees you catch them, too! He's still attached to his precious be-be, although less and less these days as there are some nights when he forgets to take it to bed with him. He's not a talker like his brother is and when he's mad or sad he likes to be alone and after he calms down a little bit he likes to be held before he starts playing again. He wants so much to be able to do all the things his brother can do and although he knows there's 18 months difference between them I think in his mind there is someway for him to catch up with Josiah. He told one of our neighbors the other day, "I'm going to be 4 tomorrow and then after that I'm going to be 5!" Ahhh, the days when we don't age fast enough! He usually cheers for the underdog, the smaller one and is so happy when they win. His favorite part of "Horton Hears a Who" was that, "The smallest one of all saved the day!" And he's even more excited when he manages to win over his brother! He's just such an awesome kid with a great smile and a wonderful laugh. He's goofy and adventurous and a fighter. He's loving and protective of his family and can't get enough of blue things, chocolate (particularly pudding) and playing with his brother. I love this kid so much, my heart smiles just thinking about him. What a sweet, fun treasure he is to me.
So....on to the birthday...

The day started with the usual funny face pancakes, always a good start to a day! Micah insisted that his had to have a 4 on the top, so one of his eyes was a 4. Emilia even had some pancakes this time around and she was sure a big fan! Could have something to do with the chocolate chips in them... :)

After breakfast Micah got to open his first present--Incredible Hulk underwear, picked out by Micah himself and said to be "the only thing I really want for my birthday."

He was SOOOOOOOO excited when he got them! So excited, in fact, that everyone in his class at church got to see the undies he wore that day! Leave it to my kids to walk into Sunday School and drop their drawers for everyone to admire their underwear! At least I know he really liked them!

Micah's Superman party was that afternoon and it was FUN!

All of the Super Heroes had to pass the Super Hero Strength Training Course so they could battle Lex Luthor and save Metropolis. Micah was the first one to run the training course and as he ran to the start line, he tripped on a stick/chipmunk hole and fell. He tried to brush it off, but when I asked if he was ok he said, "yeah...Noooooooo!" We got a bandaid and then he was good to go.

The kids had a good time on the obstacle course and ran through it several times before we played Lex Luthor on the Loose (aka Tag) and Kryptonite Keep-Away (aka Hot Potato). Then....Cake time!!

Mmmmmm...yummy cake, complete with Superman Ice cream! The day ended with dinner with Gramma and Grampa. Micah had requested hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill with homemade mac-n-cheese and I talked him into having salad because we needed some kind of veggie. But you know what? When it came time to eat, he didn't even remember that he was the one who chose what we were having! We were eating and he said, "Mommy, I like all of this dinner we're having." I said, "That's good. You chose all of it." Micah: "No, I didn't." I told him about my asking him last week, talking about needed a vegetable, deciding on salad, deciding on homemade over boxed mac-n-cheese...finally he said, "Oh, right." Well, weather he remembered or not, he was happy with it. That's all that matters!
It was a fun party, a good day and the next day Micah said he wanted to have his party again so he could do the "thing where we crawled under the board and ran around the cone with our finger on it, because I want to crawl through the tunnel again. That was fun!"
1 comment:
Wow...i know it def. doesnt seem like 4 years...and ha ha about sunday school...ya gotta luv em...=)
.luvz ya. <3
Post a Comment