I'm beginning to question our pediatrician's judgement. She SAYS that Josiah and Micah's ears and eyeballs are working fine. She SAYS they've passed all the tests. I'm thinking she's wrong. I can be right next to them and say something and they dont hear me. They can step on a toy or a book and then say they didn't know it was there, or they didn't see it. Does that sound like they're ears and eyes work?? I'd say they have very selective sight and hearing.
Case in point: Josiah's bike helmet. It's been "missing" for almost a week now. I am beyond tired of the whining and tears and DRAMA of them searching for something that is in plain sight. So, when Josiah broke down about not knowing where his helmet was and not being able to ride his bike because he couldn't find it and I knew he had "looked" for it at least 2 times, for at least 20 minutes each time but then found it laying on the bathroom floor IN PLAIN SIGHT, I could no longer be an enabler to their eye/ear malfunctions. I told Josiah to keep looking. I have since narrowed it down for him in that I told him it's inside. And, oh, is he MAD at me for knowing where it is and not telling him. He's tried getting me to play hot/cold with him to lead him to his helmet. He's cried, screamed, stomped, yelled, "MY EYEBALLS ARE OPEN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SEE YOU!"
And tonight, after brushing his teeth he TRIPPED OVER HIS HELMET AND STILL DIDN'T SEE IT.
Are you kidding me???
2 comments:
Too funny!!! he tripped over it?!?
:) Gotta love that boy.
tripped over it??? this is mean, but hee hee that is funny, yet kinda sad at the same time...atleast if i trip over something i kno its there...=) <3 ya!!!
Post a Comment