Thursday, April 30, 2009

Things of Note

I've just got to start this post off with this:



Yesterday when I was in feeding dinner to Emilia, I looked out the window and what did I see? Josiah sweeping the whole porch for me! And when he was done with the porch, he swept the lower part, too! All without me asking! I was in heaven watching him and I gave him an oreo when he was done, even though it was almost dinner time. He said he "noticed" the front porch needed it, too, and he's going to sweep it today. Yipee!



-----

I had one of those moments the other day where I let my kids do something I wouldn't normally let them do because I was just emotionally exhausted from whatever had happened in the rest of the day. And I knew when I did it that I was setting myself up for a fight later on, and I'm still fully expecting that fight to happen, but was just worn out at the end of this day, and in the process of "choosing my battles" I chose not to choose this one...at least not that day. But I have no intention of making this a regular thing, so I know the fight is coming.

And if you could decipher all that, you're ahead of me today because I just reread it and got a little lost in the middle!

Anyway...so, have I mentioned how much Emilia loves shoes? No, I don't think I've done that post yet. It's one of those filed away in my head to post about, but I haven't gotten to that, yet. But she does love shoes, especially Crocs. She's slept in her crocs lots because she screams when they come off. Well, this day she wanted to take a bath in her crocs. NORMALLY, I wouldn't let that happen. I'd just let her scream. But like I mentioned, I didn't have it in me this night. So, she took a bath with one croc. (I fought for the one to come off and then ran out of steam on the second one) Knowing this wouldn't happen again, and knowing how much she really is attached to these shoes and wanting to capture HOW MUCH she loves these shoes, I busted out the camera for the occasion. So, here she is in all her bathtime glory...with a shoe on.



-----

Micah must have really had fun at his birthday party because everyday since he's asked if we can have his Superman party again. :) Josiah has been running around calling himself Super Josiah and yesterday he wrote it on the driveway with sidewalk chalk. Micah watched him write it, wanted to write his own and said, "Mommy, you're going to have to help me." I was thinking he meant help him write the letters, so I moved over to him and tried to hold his hand with the chalk. He pulled away and said, "No, mommy. I said you have to HELP me." I said, "That's what I'm trying to do." He said, "No, HELP. I can write an 'S'...." He writes an 's'...all by himself. I said, "Next is a 'u'" HE WROTE THE WHOLE WORD 'SUPER' BY HIMSELF. I didn't even know he could do that!! Clearly, I had to take a picture! (It's hard to see in this little picture, but if you click on it to make it bigger you can see it)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

to start: wow about sweeping...he is so amazing...i dnt think i have ever done that before...lol onto the molly post: LUV the pic she is so adorable in her one little croc...then onto micah: he can write so well...i still have that page in my notebook where he drew circles and wrote his name for me...ur kids are so talented...unlike me =P
.luvz ya. <3