This morning John was running late for work. Josiah was asking him to do something with him (I missed what) and this is the following dialogue (Oh, and at some point in time this morning, Josiah had crawled in bed with us):
John: "No, I don't have time."
Josiah: "Why?"
John: "Because I think someone kept turning my alarm off before it woke me up."
Josiah: "I didn't turn the alarm off."
John: "You didn't push any of the buttons on the clock?"
Josiah: "Well, I just kept pushing the one to make the music stop so you could sleep longer."
Awwwwwww...
John: "Like I said, I think someone kept turning off my alarm."
Josiah: "That music was your alarm?"
John: "Yes."
Josiah: "Oh."
Ok...that story reminded me of another. It's probably the other story I was going to post about Josiah last week. Anywho...at school there is a door we go in in the mornings to drop Josiah off. It's down the hallway from the classrooms, though, so it is only open in the mornings and then they lock it and set the alarm to go off if it is opened, since no one is out there to see who is coming in. When they set the alarm, they put a sign on the door that looks like a stop sign and says "STOP. Opening door will cause alarm to sound." (0r something like that) Josiah was asking about this sign one day in the car. He was asking why they hang it up. So I explained they locked the door for safety reasons and put the sign up to remind people not to open it because it would make the alarm go off. Josiah said, "No, if you open the door it makes the alarm go on, not off." I didn't know how to explain this (one of many) strange phrasing in the English language, so I just let it go. But, isn't it strange that we turn the alarm on so that it will go off?
1 comment:
now that i think of that it does make you wonder...and that is really cute what josiah did for (not sure it helped though) john...but it is nice he thought of that
Post a Comment