
Can you believe Micah turned three on Saturday?? Where DOES the time go? ;)
We started the day with the homemade version of IHOP's funny face pancakes. Micah LOVES pancakes (in fact, they were his request for his birthday dinner, but since we had them for breakfast, he changed his mind to "peanut butter and jelly bread"). This is him and his funny face pancake, or maybe it's the pancake with a funny face Micah??

And I'm posting this one, too, because I think its a cute picture of the brothers. In fact, I might frame it on their desk.

And so she wont feel left out, this is Emilia during breakfast, wishing she could eat some of those yummy pancakes:

The rest of the morning was spent getting ready for the big party that afternoon, and it was tons of FUN! Micah had a construction party and had a BLAST getting to do all of the fun "construction-y" stuff. We had a house to paint, a "tower" to demolish, a traffic cone pinata, and they all got to wear 'hard hats' and nail aprons. And they had measuring tapes. Micah measured me and I was "6 pounds." In fact, everyone was 6 pounds except for him. He was 30 pounds. Oh, and Micah told me this the day before his party, "You need to call your mommy and ask if you can come to my party. And since Nana is your mommy, you need to call her and ask. And she needs to call her mommy, too, and ask if she can come to my party, too." Who knew at 30 and as the main party planner, I would still have to call my mommy and ask if I could go to a birthday party, which was even at my house, by the way. Learn something new everyday, I guess.
Micah measuring the house window:

Josiah painting the house:

The wrecking ball "tower":

Emilia 'wearing' her hard hat:

The birthday boy blowing out the candles on his excavator cake:

More work being done on the house...can you see Micah is really concentrating--he's got his tongue sticking out and everything!

A tired three year old, not cooperating with my photo op!

Needless to say, we had a wonderful, fun-filled, exciting day and my kids CRASHED that night. :) Happy, happy birthday to Micah! We love you so much.
1 comment:
even though i have seen most of those pictures, they are still cute, and the one with john's dad holding the hat above micahs head is kinda kool lokkin, considering there is a floating hat....<3 Ya!!! and happy b-day micah
Post a Comment