Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Micah's Super Power


This story needs a little background info...
Uncle Rick and Aunt Sue sent the boys a "big brother" present. They both got view masters with a clip on the side. They also got a PBS DVD of "Super Why"--a show about 4 kids with the "power of reading," one of whom is called Super Why. Earlier today we were talking about Micah's upcoming birthday party, which is going to be a construction party. We have mini tape measures to give the kids at the party. The tape measures have a clip on them, like the viewmasters. When Micah saw the tape measures he was very excited about them (he loves to play with Daddy's) and was sad that he couldn't have his yet because he wanted to clip it to his pocket.

Ok, so Micah was playing with the viewmasters when I noticed they had the clip on them. I pointed them out to him and he was muy excited that he could clip these to his pocket. I guess they were a good subsitute for the tape measures. I helped him clip them to his pockets. Try to visualize this: A little almost 3 year old a red viewmaster on one side and a blue viewmaster on the other side. Looks kinda funny, but keep the image in your head, it makes what he does even funnier: He runs across the living room, slides on the hardwood with one hand straight up in the air and one on his hip and he yells:

SUPER WIDE!!

I just started laughing! It took me awhile to realize he thought the boys name on the video was "Super Wide" instead of "Super WHY." Maybe it's the cape. It wasn't too flattering of a fit for the kid. ;P



And !! BONUS !! Today you even get a video because when I went to take the picture I forgot that the camera was on movie setting, which also explains the 'odd' angle at the beginning. I'm glad I made the mistake, though, because a picture couldn't have captured the "Super Wide Dance."



And since you are such wonderful people, I'll throw this one out there, too. It's Josiah and Emilia this morning. It's the first time she's smiled at him on purpose. I mean, he's gotten the "I'm working on something" grins like the rest of us, but she was actually looking at him and smiling this morning, and he was loving it! At the end, Micah was "reading" that book, although you can't really hear it because he was whispering up until the end....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was really CUTE! Especially Micah's Super "Wide" Dance...And I'm terribly sorry about that grey hair...