Wednesday, October 22, 2008

First Word!

I win! Emilia said her first word and it is "Mama." Now, if you've talked to Josiah recently, you've most likely heard that her first word was "yeah," but that's not something she said knowing the meaning. Today, however, she has been saying Mama and looking at me and reaching out for me, so John and I decided that it's officially her first word. :)

Halftime entertainment:
Micah and I were sitting on the couch reading a book. He kept digging in his nose, so I finally asked if he needed a tissue.
Micah: "Mommy, I don't need a tissue. I was just pickin' so I could get a booger out."
Me: "Well, then you need a tissue."
Micah: "No, I already got it."
Me: "Well, where is it?"
Micah: "I don't know. I think it fell."
Much laughter in living room
Daddy: "Sure am glad you're sitting with Mommy with that missin' booger."

Josiah has been spreading the word that the dentist said he has a loose tooth, but I've got to clear that rumor up. What the dentist actually said was that he DOESN'T have a loose tooth, but Josiah misheard her and the next thing I knew he was telling everyone that the dentist said he had a loose tooth and he is so excited about it that I've just let it go. For all he knows it takes a couple years to lose a tooth once it's loose, so he won't know the difference. Besides, I see no reason to upset him over something that doesn't really matter because he is SO excited about having a loose tooth. So there's the rest of the story on that. No he doesn't really have a loose tooth, but you won't hear me tell him any different because I don't really think it matters if he believes he does or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay!!! i told you she was getting it..c u 2mro