Tonight we went to "Movies on the Lawn" at the church around the corner from our house. They were showing "Cars" and the boys really like that movie, so we took our blanket, walked over and enjoyed the free outdoor show (complete with popcorn and lemonade!) It was really fun to get to sit and watch the movie with them. I admit that most of the time when they are watching TV, I take advantage of the time to either get things done around the house or read a book. So it is rare that I watch whatever it is they are watching. But tonight I laid on the blanket with my boys who are growing so fast and watched a movie with them. I got to find out what their favorite parts are, what parts make them laugh and who their favorite characters are(although I probably could have figured that one out anyway). At one point we were all laying on our backs looking up at the sky. Micah said, "I sure do like looking at all the stars." And then Josiah said, "I wish tonight would last forever. You can wish on stars, you know. But it doesn't mean it will come true. It's just fun"
And it was fun. The whole night was fun and I'm hoping they'll show another movie soon.
2 comments:
Sounds fun. I chuckled when I read that you saw Cars. James and I joke that Childrens' Hospital has a Cars channel that continuously loops that movie, because it's always on in almost every waiting room we enter. It was annoying at first, now it's just humorous! Kate's not a fan, so I haven't seen the whole thing - only bits and pieces.
gad u had fun...and the way u wrote it makes it really sweet sounding, and ur boys comments are soooo cute...c u L8R
Post a Comment