
He's new on PBS and Josiah's favorite show. Sid's intro line is: "Ever hear about the kid who wanted to know everything about everything?" But that sounds like Josiah if you ask me! Anyway, the point of this post is not really for you to meet Sid. It's about one of the songs on Sid. Josiah and I were singing it this morning and it reminded me of those songs from last week. Remember how Josiah's verse didn't really make any sense? Well, after listening to his version of Sid's song, it's no wonder---I think he thinks songs aren't suppose to make sense! Here's his wording:
I've been chicken on charts
'cause charts rule
A chart is a handy dandy scientific tool
It gives you information you can see with your eyes
A chart makes you wish you were eyes.
You get the picture,
so do I!
(What exactly does it mean to be "chicken on charts"?)
The real words are as follows:
I've been checkin' out charts
'cause charts rule
A chart is a handy dandy scientific tool
It gives you information you can see with your eyes
A chart helps you visualize
You get the picture
So do I!
One more thing about Sid....the other day at lunch Josiah was talking about non-standard measurements (the topic of Sid that morning). It made me wonder, how many 5 year olds have dinner time conversations with their parents about non-standard measurements?? Just hearing him say it made me smile because it was such a big sounding topic for such a small guy! He's just growing up so fast. He loves words and vocabulary (have I told you about him telling me he was "guarding" the medicine when he was 18 months old?) and learning new things so I shouldn't be surprised that Sid the Science Kid has captivated him--it's right up his alley!
4 comments:
It's such an awesome show! I think I enjoy it more than Kate! James watched this morning and was also impressed with the topic of non-standard measurement and the heat episode where they talk about "irreversible change".
"wish you were eyes"
"visualize"
same thing...
I've never seen the sho personally, but my grandma watches it and says its pretty good...and the songs have the same meaning...just different words...
=P
ily <3
ive now seen the show...with ur kids...
Post a Comment