I am so proud of my boys! In the last 24 hours they have walked a total of 4 miles--WOW! Not only that, but yesterday they probably ran a mile or more of the walk and only twice the entire time (from both days) did they say they were tired. Amazing! Yesterday we walked to the library (where I donated some canned goods to get my fines erased). :) It's just over a mile there and seriously, the boys ran almost the whole way. Today we walked to my grandma's house for grandma day, which is also just over a mile one way. Two funny things happened on the way back. First, we were about .25 miles away from the house and Josiah said (this being one of the two complaints) "This walk is killing me!" (I think he picked that up from Ice Age 2) Then, when we were almost home Micah was tired (nap time and all) and crying so I tried the distraction technique:
Me: Micah, Look! I see Melissa and Lorimer's mailbox!
Micah: Waaaaaaaaaaa! I don't wanna take a nap! I don't like naptime! I just wanna be home!
Me: You know what it means if I see Melissa and Lorimer's mailbox?
Micah: Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Me: It means we're almost home!
Josiah: (in a mock cry voice) OH THE HORROR! (I KNOW where he got that from....let's just say we're passing on a heavy dose of sarcasm to the next generation)
Maybe it's one of those in-the-moment things you just had to be there for, but it was so funny when he said it!
Anyway, I thought they did awesome for being 3 and 5. And I'm even more impressed that they seemed to enjoy the whole thing. I'm hoping to walk places more often, so I hope they keep their positive attitudes!
1 comment:
yeah...i really think you had to be there, bc it was the way josiah said it....man it was funny...anyway...i just thought i wud let u kno, that since yesterday wen i walked with u, i have wanted to walk more...
Post a Comment